Padlet is a cloud-based software-as-a-service tool that offers real-time collaborative features. It serves as a web platform where users can upload, organize, and share content. The platform allows for the inclusion of various rich media, such as words, images, videos, and links. Updates made to the space are instantly visible to all participants in real-time. Users have the flexibility to keep their content private, make it public, or share it with specific groups. Padlet is accessible on nearly any device and is beneficial for both teachers and students, improving educational communications.
Purpose in Teaching and Learning
- Have interactive conversations, with peers and teachers, show thinking, showcase or parent work.
- Design reflection tasks
- Peer collaboration activities
- sharing of feedback and comments
- Sharing and publish work to wider audience
- increase engagement, rigour, creativity and critical thinking
- Create timelines